Join us in Tuscany in 2015
We return to Tuscany in 2015, and I hope you will consider joining us then.
Week One: September 12-18, 2015
Week Two: September 19-26, 2015
Week Three: September 27-Oct.2, 2015
For 2014, we are celebrating the flavors of Tuscany in California with the introduction of a series of 3-day “Tuscany in Healdsburg” culinary getaways. These fall cooking classes will provide an opportunity to enjoy the fruitful bounty of the Sonoma Wine Country during the peak harvest season. The rich abundance of food and wines in this region, which are quite similar to those found in Tuscany, will be used to create classic wood fired Tuscan menus.
The classes will be held at Cucina Mugnaini at my Healdsburg Vineyard in September and early October. They will include all of the activities and amenities of our 3-Day Culinary Getaways infused with Italian flair and flavor. Students will have a hands-on experience managing a variety of Mugnaini wood fired ovens and preparing delicious meals in a luxurious setting.
Founder and Owner
Mugnaini Wood Fired Ovens
The Art of Wood Fired Cooking: 7-Day Cooking Class in Tuscany Itinerary
Your Week in Tuscany
- 3:00 p.m. – You will be greeted by Andrea Mugnaini in Florence’s Piazza Santa Maria Novella and transported by private bus to Fattoria degli Usignoli.
- 4:00 p.m. – Check in and orientation to property.
- 5:30 p.m. – Welcome meeting in cooking school with aperitivo and hors d’hoeuvres. Discuss week’s itinerary.
- 7:30 p.m. – Dinner alla Casalinga.Typical home style Tuscan meal to welcome you and introduce you to local flavors.
Monday – Friday
- Morning – Optional guided walks through countryside.
- Daily cooking classes in the Art of Wood Fired Cooking – for beginners or experts…oven fundamentals. roasting meats, fish, vegetables, soups, baking pizza and breads, desserts.
- Nightly al fresco dinner under the stars.
- Visit to the picturesque Chianti Classico town of Greve and its famed piazza. Here we enjoy the opportunity to shop for local ceramics and artwork, olive wood specialty items, wine, hand embroidered linens or just sit outside in a café for cappuccino. A must stop for our cooking school group is Antica Macelleria Falorni which specializes in local prosciutto, salumi and pecorino. For wine lovers, our visit to Greve also offers the chance to taste a vast selection of Chianti Classico’s, Riservas, Super Tuscans, Brunello’s and many other Tuscan wines.
- Vist to the hilltop town of Panzano and Antica Mecelleria Cecchini to experience the world of famed Tuscan butcher Dario Cecchini. Welcomed by the lively sounds of meat cleavers, music, and wafting aromas of wild fennel and fresh rosemary, this butcher shop is a one of a kind treat. After the warm hospitality in the meat market and the opportunity to see Dario in action, we go upstairs to enjoy a lunch of the shops specialties such as cosimino, tonno del Chianti, porchetta and more.
- Visit to Refrattari Valoriani Factory. Meet Massimo Valoriani, manufacturer of your Mugnaini oven. Enjoy a private tour of this artisan factory to learn the history of the first prefabricated wood burning ovens.
- Al fresco lunch and Bocci tournament.
- Visit to the beautiful estate Tenuta di Bonsi with private tour of their communal olive press facility followed by a tasting of extra virgin and Laudemio olive oils.
- Afternoon free time with optional side trips.
- Farewell dinner. A treat for all of your hard work and a last evening with new friends.
- 11:00 a.m. – Group departure back to Florence.
NOTE: Taxis and private drivers are available for other destinations.