The ultimate pizza oven experience: A 7-Day Culinary Immersion in Tuscany!
Join Andrea Mugnaini for this wood fired celebration of culture and cuisine.
The Art of Wood Fired Cooking: 7-Day Cooking Class in Tuscany
Every fall for the last 10 years, Andrea Mugnaini hosts week-long cooking classes in Tuscany, Italy. This is a hands-on cooking class unlike any other – a complete immersion into the culture and cuisine of one of Italy’s most popular regions. Guests stay at a country hotel and take educational side trips to enhance their cooking experience. Class sizes are small, the fun lasts all day and the experience lasts a lifetime.
Week One: September 13-19, 2015
Week Two: September 20-26, 2015
Week Three: September 27-Oct.3, 2015
Your Week in Tuscany
- 3:00 p.m. – You will be greeted by Andrea Mugnaini in Florence’s Piazza Santa Maria Novella and transported by private bus to Fattoria degli Usignoli.
- 4:00 p.m. – Check in and orientation to property.
- 5:30 p.m. – Welcome meeting in cooking school with aperitivo and hors d’hoeuvres. Discuss week’s itinerary.
- 7:30 p.m. – Dinner alla Casalinga.Typical home style Tuscan meal to welcome you and introduce you to local flavors.
Monday – Friday
- Morning – Optional guided walks through countryside.
- Daily cooking classes in the Art of Wood Fired Cooking – for beginners or experts…oven fundamentals. roasting meats, fish, vegetables, soups, baking pizza and breads, desserts.
- Nightly al fresco dinner under the stars.
- Visit to the picturesque Chianti Classico town of Greve and its famed piazza. Here we enjoy the opportunity to shop for local ceramics and artwork, olive wood specialty items, wine, hand embroidered linens or just sit outside in a café for cappuccino. A must stop for our cooking school group is Antica Macelleria Falorni which specializes in local prosciutto, salumi and pecorino. For wine lovers, our visit to Greve also offers the chance to taste a vast selection of Chianti Classico’s, Riservas, Super Tuscans, Brunello’s and many other Tuscan wines.
- Vist to the hilltop town of Panzano and Antica Mecelleria Cecchini to experience the world of famed Tuscan butcher Dario Cecchini. Welcomed by the lively sounds of meat cleavers, music, and wafting aromas of wild fennel and fresh rosemary, this butcher shop is a one of a kind treat. After the warm hospitality in the meat market and the opportunity to see Dario in action, we go upstairs to enjoy a lunch of the shops specialties such as cosimino, tonno del Chianti, porchetta and more.
- Visit to Refrattari Valoriani Factory. Meet Massimo Valoriani, manufacturer of your Mugnaini oven. Enjoy a private tour of this artisan factory to learn the history of the first prefabricated wood burning ovens.
- Al fresco lunch and Bocci tournament.
- Visit to the beautiful estate Tenuta di Bonsi with private tour of their communal olive press facility followed by a tasting of extra virgin and Laudemio olive oils.
- Afternoon free time with optional side trips.
- Farewell dinner. A treat for all of your hard work and a last evening with new friends.
- 11:00 a.m. – Group departure back to Florence.
NOTE: Taxis and private drivers are available for other destinations.