Culinary Immersion in Tuscany
An All Inclusive Master Class in the Art of Wood Fired Cooking
Join Andrea Mugnaini, the industry leader in wood fired cooking, for a weeklong immersion in Italian culture and cuisine. Now you can learn the Art of Wood Fired Cooking from the master and become an expert yourself as Andrea guides you through every aspect of managing your oven to cooking a bounty of extraordinary meals. All levels welcome!
For 10 years, Andrea has developed this hands-on culinary program allowing her to spend dedicated time with a small group of students enjoying the enchantment of Tuscany. Guests stay at a lovely country hotel and home of Mugnaini’s Italian Wood Fired Cooking School.
Bringing Mugnaini back to their roots, the school is located a short distance from the artisan Valoriani factory where these ovens are manufactured. Clients absorb the Tuscan countryside with tours to a nearby olive oil factory, Pecorino cheese-maker, wineries, quaint hill towns for shopping, and the oven factory. Class sizes are small, the fun lasts all day and the experience lasts a lifetime.
This is a comprehensive program; there will be activities from morning till night each day.
Double Occupancy: $4550 per person
Single Occupancy: $4850 per person
Prices include Sunday pickup in Florence, Italy with a Saturday return. Six nights lodging at the Fattoria degli Usignoli, three meals per day, regional wines, full bar, daily cooking classes and cultural excursions into the Tuscan countryside. Airfare is NOT included.
Tuscany Culinary Immersion
Your Week in Tuscany
- Each day includes optional guided walks through the Italian countryside, then breakfast before we begin our daily cooking classes in the Art of Wood Fired Cooking.
- Whether you are a beginner or an expert, we teach fundamentals that will help you master wood fired cooking while learning traditional Mediterranean recipes.
- Each day we will prepare and eat delicious meals exploring the variety of wood fired dishes including; roasted meats, fish, vegetables, soups, pizza, breads and desserts.
- The cooking school is equipped with three live Mugnaini ovens so every student learns to use this efficient appliance.
- Each evening we will dine together at long, candlelit communal tables under the stars.
- You will return home ready to confidently cook for family and friends.
- There is also time built into each day for rest and relaxation, bocce ball tournaments, swimming and leisure.
Italian Culture Excursions
In addition to a full culinary program we offer an immersion into Italian culture.
- We will visit the picturesque Chianti Classico town of Greve and its famed piazza. Here we will enjoy the opportunity to shop for local ceramics and artwork, olive wood specialty items, wine, hand embroidered linens or just sit outside in a café for cappuccino.
- For wine lovers, our visit to Greve also offers the chance to taste a vast selection of Chianti Classico’s, Riservas, Super Tuscans, Brunello’s and many other Tuscan wines.
- We will delight you with a stop at Antica Macelleria Falorni, which specializes in local prosciutto, salumi and Pecorino cheese.
- A visit to Tuscany would not be complete without a trip to the hilltop town of Panzano and Antica Mecelleria Cecchini to experience the world of famed Tuscan butcher Dario Cecchini. This shop is a one of a kind treat. We will see Dario in action and enjoy his charming hospitality, then go upstairs to savor a lunch of the shop’s specialties such as cosimino, tonno del Chianti, porchetta and more.
- Reggello is the birthplace of the Mugnaini oven. A short distance from the cooking school is the Refrattari Valoriani Factory, manufacturer of these superior wood fired ovens. Owner Massimo Valoriani, will greet you and provide a private tour of his artisan factory. You will learn how these ovens are constructed and the history of the first prefabricated wood burning ovens.
- A short distance from the cooking school is the century’s old, estate of Tenuta di Bonsi. Together we will walk along the picturesque country road and partake in a private tour of their communal olive press facility followed by a tasting of their exquisite artisan extra virgin and Laudemio olive oils.
- Together we will venture to Caseificio Mesina where this local cheese maker raises his own herd and makes an array of Pecorino cheese. We will enjoy demonstration of this artisan process and taste the delicious results.
NOTE: Taxis and private drivers are available for other destinations.