Roasting Oven Environment
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound chicken livers
- 1/2 cup marsala
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers, brined
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place onions and oil into sauté pan, stir to combine. Place into oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until softened, but not browned.
Add the livers and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
Pour in the marsala and continue to cook until the wine has begun to reduce and the chicken livers are just cook through, about 10 minutes.
Place the anchovies, capers and butter into the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until roughly chopped.
Add the liver mixture to the work bowl and process until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper and serve.