Pizza oven or roasting oven environment
- 2 baskets small cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large basil leaves, chiffonade
- 6 slices rustic Italian bread, halved
Rinse the tomatoes and place on a sheet pan with the oil and garlic. Toss to coat and set in the oven. Cook until slightly charred and softened. Remove from oven; add salt and basil.
Set bread slices on a sheet pan and place in the wood-burning oven. Cook for 1–2 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Remove and top with roasted tomatoes and all the pan juices.