Bake Oven Environment (about 350 degrees)
- 6 tablespoons or 3/4 stick unsalted butter, diced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 18 tablespoons or 2 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3 nectarines, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
Place the topping ingredients into a small bowl and mix until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Place into refrigerator.
In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer, add vanilla and beat until combined.
Place the baking powder, flour and salt in a small bowl, whisk to combine.
Beat the flour mixture into the egg mixture alternately with the eggs, one at a time. Beat just until combined and fold in the fruit.
Spread the batter into a buttered 9×12 inch pan and sprinkled with the reserved topping. Place into the oven and put door in place. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.