Grilling Oven Environment
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
It is very important to cut meats into the same size pieces for even cooking.
- ¼ – 1/3 pound pork tenderloin or boneless chop, cut into 8 (1-inch) pieces
- 4 slices pancetta, about 1/8 pound, each slice cut into 4 pieces
- 16 whole fresh sage leaves
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet Italian sausage links, about ¼ pound, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4-1/3 pound boneless lamb (leg or sirloin), cut into 8 (1-inch) pieces
- 1/4-1/3 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 8 (1-inch) pieces
- 8 (10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 lemon
For the marinade, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine; set aside. Thread the skewers with a piece of pork, followed by a piece of pancetta (fold in half if necessary), a fresh sage leaf, a piece of sausage, and a piece of lamb, followed by another slice of pancetta, a sage leaf, and ending with a piece of chicken. Place skewers on a sheet pan and drizzle with marinade; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2–3 hours or overnight. Heat grill for 5 minutes. Cook for 6–8 minutes, turning every 1–2 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Remove and then squeeze lemon over top. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.