Serves 4 as entrée
Roasting Oven Environment
- Twelve 4-ounce baby lamb rib chops
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus oil for roasting pan
- 2 tablespoons finely diced fresh green garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Preserved Myer lemon finely chopped
In a bowl (large enough to hold the lamb) place the olive oil, garlic, rosemary and lemon. Stir to combine. Add lamb to the bowl and toss to coat the chops completely. Allow the lamb to marinade at least one hour, or preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
Remove the lamb 1/2 hour before cooking and gently blot dry. Season the lamb with the salt and pepper.
Place a roasting pan in the wood-fired oven and heat the pan for 5 minutes (or use a conventional cooktop stove).
Remove the pan and add 1 to 2 tablespoon of oil and place the chops into the hot pan. Return the pan to the oven and roast for 3 minutes. With tongs, turn the chops over and continue to roast until the internal temperature reaches 130-135 degrees for medium rare, about 2 more minutes.