Bake Oven Environment
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, roasted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese (or other melting cheese of your choice)
Dice the peppers into 1⁄2-inch pieces and toss with the oil and garlic. Set in a small sauté pan, place in oven, and heat through for about 1–2 minutes, stirring a few times, until garlic is fragrant. Do not burn. Remove and allow to cool.
Place the eggs, bell peppers, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl and whisk lightly. Stir in the provolone. Pour egg mixture into an oiled 9 x 12-inch ceramic baking dish and place in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until slightly firm when touched and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. The top should be golden in color with bubbly melted cheese.
Let rest for 10 minutes and then cut into squares and serve.