Adapted from Bon Appetit Magazine
Roasting oven environment, baking environment
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks, whites and pale green parts only, chopped, about 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Coat a 9×12 inch ceramic baking dish with 1 tablespoon of oil, set aside.
Heat the remaining oil and butter in a medium sauté pan in the oven until the butter is melted. Add the leeks and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook until softened, stirring often, about 4-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, stirring, and cooked until softened and all liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool. Allow the oven to cycle down to the baking environment.
Whisk the eggs, crème fraiche, parsley, 3/4 cup of the cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper together. Stir in cooled vegetable mixture. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until browned and the eggs are set in the middle.