- Braised Mushrooms
Braised Mushrooms Ingredients & Preparation
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds assorted mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
Place a large sauté pan in the oven for 5 minutes. Add the oil and heat. Add the mushrooms and cook about 10 minutes or until the mushrooms have released their juices and are beginning to soften.
Add the garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute longer. Add wine and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the mushrooms are very soft. (Cooking time will vary depending on the variety of mushrooms used). Remove and add parsley, tarragon salt and pepper.