- 1 ¼ pounds fresh swordfish, skin removed, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Meyer lemons, each cut into 8 wedges
- 24 Turkish bay leaves
- 8 skewers
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- pinch of dry oregano
- pinch of red pepper flakes
Soak bay leaves in hot water for 10 minutes, and drain.
Thread skewers alternately with a piece of swordfish, bay leaves and lemon wedges. Set skewers onto plate or sheet pan, drizzle generously with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes. Turn to coat, set in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Grill skewers over hot coals turning at least once until swordfish is cooked through and lemons are slightly charred, about 4-6 minutes.