Roasting oven environment
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cut into
- 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 baskets small cherry tomatoes
- 6 halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each) cut into ½” slices
- 1/2 cup Basil Pesto (see below)
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fine table salt
- 2 tablespoons water
Toss the potatoes with 1/3 cup oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
In a separate bowl, toss the tomatoes with the remaining oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining pepper.
Oil a sheet pan and shingle potatoes so the entire surface is covered. Place in the oven and cook for about 12 minutes, or until lightly browned and softened; remove and set aside.
Place tomatoes on a sheet pan, set in oven, and cook for 5–6 minutes, or until tomatoes are softened and slightly charred; remove and set aside.
Place fish on top of the roasted potatoes covering entire surface of potatoes; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Return to oven and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Remove from oven and top each fillet with roasted cherry tomatoes; drizzle with pesto.
Place the basil, oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt, and water in a blender; blend until smooth.