Roasting Oven Environment
- 5 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into
- 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6–7 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) container Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Place the vegetables in a large bowl, add the oil and salt, and toss to coat. Divide the mixture between two half sheet pans and place in the oven. Roast for about 20 minutes, or until the mixture is nicely browned. It does not have to be fully cooked through.
Place vegetables in a large stockpot, add the stock, and cover. Return to the oven and cook until very soft, about 45 minutes.
Remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender, or puree in batches in a blender. For an even smoother soup, pass through a fine-mesh strainer.
Add the pepper and taste for seasoning. If a thinner soup is desired, add more stock and heat through.
Mix all of the garnish ingredients together in a small bowl. To serve, ladle soup into bowls and add a teaspoon of garnish mixture on top.