Roasting Oven Environment
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 thin slices Pancetta, diced
- 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
Place 3 Tablespoons olive oil with garlic in a small pan. Cook slowly at mouth of oven until light brown. Sprinkle sugar and add ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock. Cook for another few minutes and remove. Mash garlic with a fork and set aside.
Place pancetta in frying pan, set into oven and cook for about 5 minutes until slightly crisp.
Clean Brussels sprouts and cut in half lengthwise. Toss with olive oil and salt in roasting pan and place into oven. Roast for about 20-25 minutes or until they achieve a crisp exterior and are tender on the inside. Add caramelized garlic with stock and pancetta. Stir to mix and roast for another 5 minutes.