Serves 4 as a side dish
Roasting Oven Environment
- 1 Delicata squash, 1 1/4 pounds, cut in half the lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces pancetta, small dice
- 2 sage leaves, julienned
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
Brush the entire surface of the squash with olive oil. Place on a sheet pan, cut side up and season with the salt and pepper.
Roast in the oven for 20 to 22 minutes, or until tender when pierced with the knife and the edges are nicely browned.
Remove from the oven and glaze with the savory or sweet application.
Combine all the ingredients into a small bowl and brush on roasted squash.
Place the pancetta in a small sauté pan in the mouth of the oven and cook until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
In a small sauce pan add the butter and sage and put into the oven, melt, 1 minute.
When squash is cooked brush on sage butter, sprinkle with the pancetta, parmesan and pepper.