Serves 4 as a side dish
- 1 large globe eggplant, 1 1/4 pounds, peeled, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove chopped garlic, about 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Place eggplant slices on a sheet pan coated with nonstick spray.
Place sheet pan in the oven and roast rotating the pan and flipping the eggplant until browned and softened, about 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven and set aside.
In a small bowl place all the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
Shingle cooled eggplant on a serving platter and drizzle with the marinade. Lift the slices up slightly so the marinade is distributed evenly over the platter.
Allow to set for 30 minutes to 1 hour at room temperature for the flavors to infuse.