Roasting Oven Environment
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, whole and unpeeled
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, about 4” long each
Place potatoes onto sheet pan and toss with olive oil to evenly coat. Press garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs down into pan among potatoes. Set pan into preheated wood-burning oven and roast uncovered (do not stir potatoes during roasting) for about 20-25 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. (If you have too much flame or top heat lightly cover pan with foil for part of the roasting time). Remove, season with salt and pepper and let rest for 10 minutes (this will ensure that potatoes will not stick to pan).